New Game: The Empire of Lights (Global Game Jam 2016)
Howdy, everyone. As noted earlier, we have a new game created for Global Game Jam last weekend. Much like the Ludum Dare before, we’ve spent this jam learning something new: programming shaders! The Empire of Lights is a visual experiment inspired by a series of René Magritte paintings with the same name. In this game, you need to collect all the coins scattered throughout the world. To reveal their position, however, one must control the position of the sun. It’s open-source, so go ahead and take a look!
- WASD to move
- Space to Jump
- Hold the Left Shift to run
- Move the mouse to look around
- Hold E and move the mouse around to change the sun’s position
- Engine: Unity
- Graphics: A ton to name; see the game’s credits.
- Music: GarageBand
- Sound Effects: Unity Standard Assets and BFXR
- Font: Fira-Sans by Mozilla
Special thanks to our Patreon patrons (https://www.patreon.com/OmiyaGames):
- Adam R. Vierra
- Joshua Jennings
- David Lin
- Tommy Pedersen
- Jacob Clark
Link to Itch.io: http://omiyagames.itch.io/the-empire-of-lights
Link to GameJolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/the-empire-of-lights/123111
And for those interested, we have a time-lapse, too!